Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
1. Publication and Authorship
• The references used in this article text should be given alphabetically in the references section according to the surname of the author.
• If there are institutions or organizations providing support to the subject of research article, superscript asterisk should be placed to the end of the article title, and the necessary explanations should be made in the footnote of the first page of the article.
• Articles submitted to the journal for publication are controlled by a suitable program in terms of similarities with articles published in various journals and numerous Internet resources. As a result of controls, articles showing 20% or greater similarity are rejected.
• Articles identified as false data used in any way will be rejected.
• Articles previously published in another journal shall not be taken into consideration.
• For giving consideration to any article -concerning diseases and pests accepted as compulsorily notifiable to the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry conducted within the borders of Turkey and transformed into a manuscript for the journal, it must be submitted to the editor along with a written permission received from the Ministry.
2. Responsibilities of Authors
• Authors are obliged to participate in peer review process of the manuscripts submitted.
• The contribution given to the article by authors whose names appear on the manuscript has to be notified to the editor.
• Authors should send their articles prepared in accordance with the instructions for authors of the journal.
• The authors whose names are taking part in any article submitted to the journal for publication are deemed to have declared that data of all kinds presented in this article are real and original.
• The authors cannot send the article submitted to the journal to another journal to be published simultaneously.
• The authors are obliged to make all kinds of the corrections about to the articles subjected to peer review by related referees and fulfilling requests of the editor.
• In scientific studies based on experimental animals and sent for the purpose of publication in the Atatürk University Journal of Agricultural Faculty; the statements of "The approval of Local Ethics Committee was obtained" or "The principles of Board of Ethics have been adhered to" should take place in Materials and Methods section of the article. If the approval of a Local Ethics Committee has been obtained beforehand, the Author(s) should indicate the name of authority issuing the approval of ethics committee and the confirmation number.
• The authors are obliged to comply with the copyright conditions relating to the material used or those from other sources and sign a contract stating the transfer of copyright to the Journal.
• Any liability that may arise from the article included in the journal belongs to the author(s).
3. Responsibilities of Referees
• The referees considering the article should make an objective and impartial assessment.
• The referees declaring any conflicts of interest with article authors or institutions and organizations supporting the article should inform the editorship about the situation and not involve in the article evaluation.
• Referees cannot share the data of articles sent to them for consideration with anyone.
• The referees recommending that the article can be published after corrections have the right to re-examine the article after the necessary corrections have been made.
4. Editorial Board Responsibilities
• Preliminary assessments of the papers are made by the Editorial Board.
• Articles to be evaluated are sent to at least two referees by the Editorial Board. Editorial Board decides the acceptance, rejection or modification of articles depending on referees’ reports.
• The Editorial Board may not use the data of unpublished article for their personal affairs in any way and not share this data in any way.
• When the evaluation process of articles is completed, the editor forwards the decision to the author.
• The Editor, when deciding on the rejection or acceptance of an article, should not to be affected by the conflict of interest of the person or persons taking part among the authors.
5. Responsibilities of Advisory Board
• Advisory Board members should keep the data of articles sent to them for evaluation secret and cannot share them in any way.
• If referees determine that data in the article being evaluated are similar to those published in another article previously, they should report the situation immediately to the Journal Editorship.
• Referees should assess the articles sent to them in an objective way and express their views in clear and understandable language.
• If a referee had concluded that the article sent to be evaluated it is not appropriate for the assessment in person, it should be notified the Editorship as soon as possible.
6. Publishing Ethics Issues
• The integrity of academic records should be created and maintained.
• If necessary, sufficient correction, explanation, or apology should be published.